Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Look at the Book #362

The Devotional


Papa “J” and his thoughts?

One of the signs of the end times is an evidence of a lack of faith in all the civilizations of the world over. The world seeks a false witness to rule. Luke 18:1-8 and Proverbs 14:4

I cannot explain to you the quality of love that I have for the Living Word of God, but I can explain that this love is only constant when I involve myself with God in His Personal character. You see Jesus is God! He is also the Word of God who dwelt among us because He became human flesh like you and me. To get a partial grasp of this, you would begin with the gospel of John and read the first eighteen verses of chapter one. Please, do not take my word for this wonderful truth of love. What I experience by faith is common among believers in Jesus Christ because we share this common confession of faith, but even my brothers and sisters in the family of God have this faith because it is personal to each of us, even though it is common. (Jude 1:3) When I talk about the matters of faith in God, which is often, I seek to be practical and use practical analogies to bring the point home to the reader so I reckon you could brand me with the word, pragmatist. But as always, here is the point. Faith in God is not skepticism! Faith in God is not believing a lie! Faith in God is not founded on fiction! And, faith in God is not based on any object or human concept generated by the heart of mankind. Faith in God is God's Plan for you and for me. The object of faith in God is founded on mystery of godliness who is Jesus Christ. 1 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 1:1-4 and while this truth remains a mystery for some. Jesus is the only practical solution to man's problem with SIN!

HEBREWS

Hebrews 13:16 We should take a look at sacrifice, we missed some of that opportunity yesterday in Hebrews 13:15 the sacrifice of praise, or the use of the lips to bring glory to our Creator. Have you noticed in churches the number of people who do not open their mouth to give thanks, to sing psalms, or worship God? What is so sad for me is to see is an elderly person who has, his or her lips sealed with the hardened glue of bitterness.

Sacrifice in a very real sense is the ability to explode with your soul in an expression of JOY in the LORD, or the result of confidence of the HOPE a soul has in the LORD and the greatest expression of this sacrifice is the LOVE enjoyed by the one who is willing to walk in accordance with 1 Corinthians 13:1-13. If we want to be pleasing to God and I am sure we do, then we must be willing to sacrifice. Sacrifice begins with an expression of our soul through our lips.

If you go to church and I hope you do, then you must place yourself under the authority of those who are leaders in the church. They have the responsibility to watch over your soul and they will also give an account to God concerning you. If your mouth wags in disrespect, that is not sacrifice. Your pastor's report to God will not be profitable for you. A faithful person is one that can be counted on for a sacrifice that is pleasing to God. Don't be fooled in this as some of us have a long way to go, faith in God is not impossible. Since Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8, He is also the Author of Faith. Hebrews 12:1-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment