Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2011

A Look at the Book #459

Daily Devotional – A Look at the Book #459

A Thought for today by Papa “J”

In the Kingdom of Heaven time does not exist, thus EVERYTHING that God does on Earth is done on time. We only need to wait upon the LORD and see. Psalm 37:3-6

A DAY IN THE PAST, THE PRESENT OR THE FUTURE

From the simplest of events to the most complex, everything the military does is on time. For example; in most cases each branch of the military will eat at a certain time each day. Of course this would not be true in combat; even for a warship at “General Quarters” but in these conditions other executions of time functions take priority. Even sleep in most cases of military life is timed, but sleep will not be a factor while the enemy is at large. So let me ask a question here. Is time important to God? It is not a hard question to answer but because of religion and some theological views time become complex. There is not enough paper or ink to cover the issue of time in detail but here is a thought or two. For this country of ours we are nearly out of time and if time permits we will take a few days and see if we can place the cross hairs of correction over some of our time problems and solve them with God’s Will. There are sixty six words in Matthew six of a prayer that Jesus taught His disciples to pray. We should take more notice to this prayer and we will; God willing. For starters I would like to focus on God’s will in these last few sentences at these relate to time on earth. Matthew 6:10; it is God’s Will that His Kingdom should come here to earth and for His Will to overshadow our earthly will. Is it not evident that here in the United States we have forgotten the Will of God and that our time of prosperity and blessing is past? We have forgotten how to pray and many well meaning people believe that we should throw money at changing us back to a God Fearing Nation. Bah! Humbug! God simply wants us to talk with Him concerning our needs and sins, all covered in this portion of scripture and all cover in His will for any nation who claims to know Jesus Christ as the Lamb and High Priest. John 1:35 and Hebrews 5:1-14.

James 5

James 5:13 – I love God and the Word of God. I love God’s camp where my wife and I can hang out with other brothers and sister in Christ. I find peace with God, confidence in His Word and great fellowship with the Children of God. What then is missing and why then to I cry with great overwhelming tears. It is when I go outside the camp and there, just on the outskirts of this heavenly camp I see you; your anger; your broken heart; your aggressive behavior and your eyes that reveal the pain of darkness and then; you rebuke me.

James 5:14 – So I say; Oh LORD, how long will a person avoid the truth? How long will my friend, loved one or my neighbor reject the truth? They see me daily giving you praise, they watch my lips speak well of You, but I do not think they hear the words. Matthew 13:13-15. Yet I will continually offer up prayer and communication to You because You add more grace and comfort to my life, even when the rebukes are stronger and it seems that I can no longer bear.

James 5:15 – This then brings light that this is the works of faith that God rewards, so do not forget to do these good things and share them with others of like mindedness. Give diligence always being fervent in Spirit and in serving; serve with the LORD’s Will. Let each of us reach out and bless those who curse and persecute, also do not forget to rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those weeping ones. This is faith at work. Romans 12:9-21.



No comments:

Post a Comment