Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Devotional - A Look at the Book #682

Meditate on this!
There is a fear, like that of a child who is insecure; you know… mom or dad seem distant and unloving. The child is clingy and vulnerable to dangers. There is also a fear that is clean and secure. A sense of awe and respect of the father’s unfailing love and mom’s protective guidance; one who has this fear also understand the proper fear of the LORD, it endures forever. Proverbs 19:9a

Time in the morning is so precious for me; it is the time when I think mostly about the LORD and His Word. I love the Word of God; there are no lies, no confusion and no commercials. I do not have to mute anything in the Word of God. Even when I read a passage that convicts me of some area sin that I need to tweak. Confession of sin is a good thing for example; what if God did not allow for confession? I mean, after all; Jesus died for all our sins and rose again for our justification! Why not just leave it at that and move on. Well, many religions do just that and end up in ritual worship which never goes beyond the ceilings of their places of worship, but that is not my main point. Do you not like talking personally to the LORD? I know that I do, but I also know that if there was not a means whereby I could confess those sinful feelings and action that make up my character, I would have no communication with God for the wall of sins not only block my communication but also my desire to read His Word. Notice Psalm 19:12-14. King David really drives this point home and so does the apostle John in 1:1-10. Also, do not take 1 John 1:9 out of the context of this entire epistle. Confession means repenting of the act of sin and one cannot repent if he or she does not understand why.

Psalm 131
Psalm 131:1-2 – What is going on in our minds these days. The economy, wars, elections, traffic, television programs of interest; like Dancing with the stars; maybe we are sports conscious, you know, the baseball season has begun. Our minds can be and are control by what we put into it. If you are bent to listening to commercials; I know some children that can quote commercials from memory but do not know John 3:16. And even they do know the verse; they have no clue of the meaning. Yet by design the programming of commercials gives them enough information in 30 seconds to provide knowledge of use.

How do we set aside all of this clamor in the day that seeks to captivate all that we do? David in this Psalm is King over the nation Israel and he clearly says to the LORD. LORD I am not arrogant or proud and I do not walk about in things too difficult. In other words, David is saying that the bondage or distractions of life are not to be trusted. Again; in other words he is saying that he has purposed in his heart to calm himself of these distractions; like that of a child who is satisfied on his mother’s breast.

Is your soul satisfied with the LORD? Or do the distractions of life feed you darkness, confusion and deception found in the world around you. It is difficult to envision the calmness of God’s love if our vision is focused on the various networks of the world. David says; “O Israel, hope in the LORD; from this time forth and forever.” I agree with him and now that salvation is open to the gentile (you and me) I say; “O saint, hope in the LORD; form this time forth and forever”.

No comments:

Post a Comment