Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Devotional – A Look at the Book #681

The Devotional – A Look at the Book #681

by Jesse Abel


Meditate on this!
The eyes of a child will light up when you please them with the pureness of a loving gift. The commandments of the LORD are not burdensome as some may think and in keeping them there is great reward as seen in this Psalm! Psalm 19:8b and 11b. Biblical (God’s definition) love is the key, so light up your life with His love.

Did you know that there is a watch list of nations that persecute Christians” Muslim countries have the majority in the top ten, but there is one country that takes the number one spot that is not Muslim, it is North Korea where over 50,000 believers are presently incarcerated. Number 2 on this list is Afghanistan; then Saudi Arabia; followed by Somalia, Iran and Maldives. In these countries Christians cannot openly reveal their faith without facing persecution and/or imprisonment. Uzbekistan, Yemen and Iraq are seven, eight and nine where there is some freedom. I am sharing this with us today because I believe that many of us are ignorant of the spiritual battle that many in other countries are facing and I say this to our shame. Here is the rub! Job 1:9-12 So Satan answered the LORD and said, "does Job fear God for nothing?” “Have you not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to your face.”  So the LORD said to Satan, Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not lay a hand on his person.” Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD. Nationally and individually the saints of God are at WAR with Satan.

Psalm 27
Verses 1:10-14 – there is not a day that goes by that we do not feel the pressures loneliness. One thing I notice is that there are those who fight loneliness and there are those who just give in to it. Deciding that this is their lot in life and will not pursue comfort no matter how hard someone may try to pull them through. Yes the LORD does take up the slack and praise Him for His tender care over us. Notice if you will that we should not give up because verse eleven reads. “Teach me Your way, O LORD, and lead me in a smooth path. Why? Because I have enemies.

Left to myself I will deliver myself into the will of my adversaries; to those who bare false witness against me, even to those that breathe out violence. Why? Because my flesh wars against these false witnesses and my anger boils over at people who are minded to destroy me and yes… unless I believe that I would see the goodness of the LORD in all of this suffering and loneliness, I would for certain; lose heart. I work in the land of the dead, but praise be to You LORD, You have made me alive in the land of the living.

Thus I wait… by faith! On the LORD and this is courage (good courage) to keep moving forward, for He alone will strengthen my heart; wait therefore on the LORD who will deliver us out of all our troubles! Do not boast of evil retribution… wait on the LORD because His goodness endures continually. Psalm 52:1 do not let your emotions rule to moment, wait on the LORD and He will deliver you.

No comments:

Post a Comment