Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Devotional - A Look at the Book #710

by Jesse Abel

Richard Emmons recently said that the prophet Isaiah moved with grace in the culture of his day. God has dealt to each one of us a measure of grace that is sufficient for our day, 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. The thought that struck me as I began to read the intro to this article was the word culture. The culture of the American way of life is changing and you and I need God’s sufficient grace. I have asked Him at least three times to restore or repair our culture and His reply… my grace is sufficient!

Someone said over the weekend that some conversations were not worth listening to and it is amazing that I had on Saturday closed a window that had been opened for me to issue parts to the mechanics on duty. I closed the window because of the conversation between the two mechanics and a service person, a young female in her early twenties. Simply put; their mindset and language became vulgar and oppressive.

Later, the girl had to bill out some parts and service to a disgruntled customer and she returned to the mechanics in tears for the way she was treated by the man. Of course my window was opened again as I had been issuing oil filters and other parts to the mechanics and I said to the mechanic she was mostly talking too; just give her a hug, it is what she needs. The mechanic responded, “I’m not hugging her, I’ve been married thirty years and what would my wife think if she got wind of that?”

That sort of spun my mind around a little bit, here less than an hour before he and the girl and the other mechanic were talking about things that are found in Galatians 5:19-20 and they were approving some of those conditions as a normal everyday occurrence in their everyday lives.
In thinking about these things I wonder about the way we justify what we do and I am reminded that we must be living in a great apostasy, in other words our loyalty to the biblical and national framework of our heritage has fallen, we have become an entity of trusting deceiving and seducing spirits, like “dancing with the stars” or “Americas got talent”

Could be too that it is not a national thing, but a worldwide condition of mankind as we approach the end times. What did you say, Jesse? Don’t you know that the world is getting better as the world council of churches teach! Bah humbug on this group of blind guides, the Holy Bible (if you read it) explains the truth; just read it 1Timothy 4:1-5! It would be good if we sanctified everything in prayer and through the Word of God as the apostle Paul teaches in 2 Timothy 4:1-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment