Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Devotional - 1523 - The PERSONAL God



The Devotional – 1523 – The PERSONAL God
Psalm 119:161-168 – Princes persecute me without a cause, but my heart stands in awe of Your word. I rejoice at Your word as one who finds great treasure. I hate and abhor lying, but I love Your law. Seven times a day I praise You, because of Your righteous judgments. Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble. Lord, I hope for Your salvation, and I do Your commandments. My soul keeps Your testimonies, and I love them exceedingly. I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies, for all my ways are before You.
Comments and Challenges – SCHIN

1.      161 – Princes persecute me without cause, but my heart stands in awe of Your WORDS.
2.      162 – I rejoice in Your WORD, as one who finds great plunder.
3.      163 – I hate and abhor falsehood, I love Your LAW.
4.      164 – Seven times a day I praise You, because of Your Righteous ORDINANCES.
5.      165 – Those who love Your LAW, have great peace, nothing causes them to stumble.
6.      166 – I have hoped in Your salvation YAHWEY, I have done Your COMMANDMENTS
7.      167 – My soul has observed Your TESTIMONIES, I love them exceedingly.
8.      168 – I have obeyed Your PRECEPTS and Your TESTIMONIES, all my ways are before You
.
Our Psalm writer takes many inward looks at his mind and soul before the LORD. Each day of these twenty-two stanzas he has something to say to the LORD about obedience, praise and his personal love for the Word of God and the lovingkindness returned to Him by YAHWEY, his personal God. The challenge for us today is short compared to yesterday. First; is the LORD God of the Living Word, your friend? Can you go to Him immediately and find MERCY or GRACE? Oh how I hope you can and DO.

Can you say that the Holy Word of God is AWESOME while you are under a momentary light affliction? Are you moment by moment seeing the invisible spiritual underworld working to destroy your walk? 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 explains that even while our outward physical body is perishing, our inner mind and soul is working a far better and exceeding eternal weight of glory> Only if you are rejoicing in God’s WORD as one who finds great treasure
.
One of the hindrances for many is that we do not hate falsehood (lying). For me I sometimes think that lying is like the co-pilot of our mind instead of the LAW of God which clearly says that if you are a child of the King; “Thy shall NOT lie”. So I seek to remind myself and you, place that Commandment in the riding seat of your mind and speak LOVE to one another. John 13:31-35
.
A friend and a pastor who is now with the LORD used to say that the PROMISES of GOD are “YEA and AMEN” and while I did not fully understand this in the days of his life, I do now – The ORDINANCES and the STATUTES of God are unchangeable. As people of God we teach that SALVATION is by FAITH in Jesus Christ as a GRACE message and once saved by GRACE God will not change His mind and take it from you. God would not do this because God cannot lie. Titus 1:1-4.

With our personal Friend and God our soul is able to come alive and have AWESOME moments of good fellowship with the Eternal God of the Universe. Can you not, just take a moment and reflect on THAT wonder? Take the time here and read Proverbs 8:1-36 allow your mind to meditate on the JOY of Wisdom as it gives TESTIMONY of being with the Creator of the universe. Let your soul meditate on this; if tears do not form in your soul with joy and run down your cheeks, then… READ IT AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment