Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Devotional - 1524 - The Heart and Soul



The Devotional – 1524 – The Heart and Soul
Psalm 119:169-176Let my cry come before You, O Lord; give me understanding according to Your word. Let my supplication come before You; deliver me according to Your word. My lips shall utter praise, for You teach me Your statutes. My tongue shall speak of Your word, for all Your commandments are righteousness. Let Your hand become my help, for I have chosen Your precepts. I long for Your salvation, O Lord, and Your law is my delight. Let my soul live, and it shall praise You; and let Your judgments help me. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments. 

Comments and Challenges – TAU
1.      169 – Let my cry come before You YAHWEH, give me understanding according to Your WORD.
2.      170 – Let my supplication come before You, deliver me according to Your WORD.
3.      171 – Let my lips utter praise, for You teach me Your STATUTES
4.      172 – Let my tongue sing of Your WORD, for all of Your COMMANDMENTS are righteousness.
5.      173 – Let Your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen Your PRECEPTS
6.      174 – I have longed for Your salvation YAHWEH, Your LAW is my delight.
7.      175 – Let my soul live, that I may praise You, let Your ORDINANCES help me.
8.  176 – I have gone astray like a lost sheep, seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your COMMANDMENTS.

Here we are once again at the end of Psalm 119:1-176; for me this trip is and was a joy. There really are few words to explain the experience of being involved with the Living Word of God. Only the LORD Jesus Christ and His Spirit can provide the understanding of His WORD. Similar but different is that when someone says to you; “I did not understand what you meant can you explain it to me?” So you turn your mind up a notch or two and reword your thought or idea until the person in front of you says. “Now I see, you have spoken plainly!”

In John 16:25-30 we see a narration that the LORD had with His disciples, they said they understood and they uttered praise as He taught them His PRECEPTS; in John 16:30 their tongue sings of the wisdom and knowledge they experience with their Friend and conclude that they believe that Jesus came forth from God. How often I have said to the LORD; I love your WORD, Your COMMANDMENTS, STATUTES and PRECEPTS rejoice my heart; only to see that the LORD knows that these moments can be short lived. John 16:31-33.

In despair; we feel that Jesus has been distracted from our needs and is focused on someone else. Sort of like those moments in conversation when you see that person you are talking to is not listening and then before you know it, in the middle of your conversation they walk away or begin talking to someone else. You find at these times the reoccurring despair of your soul and heart is critical and longs for the needed friendship of a friend.

God is not like people; His love for you is an unbreakable ORDINANCE, as is His faithfulness to us. The ORDINANCES and STATUTES of the LORD are as near to each of us as is His presence. It is we who have drifted away; we are the distracted ones. Therefore like the psalmist describes of himself as a lost sheep, we too have strayed from the “still waters” we are the ones who have risen up from the “green pastures” and walked away. We are the ones who are facing the “shadow of spiritual death”, Psalm 23:1-6.

Yet in all of this we DO NOT LOSE HOPE do we? Why? Because God is GREAT in Mercy and GRACE and is greatly to be PRAISED! There are many evils, but there is no fear of evil when we have faith in Jesus Christ; because His rod and staff are always a COMFORT even when we go astray as sheep do. He continues to seek us because we do not forget His COMMANDMENTS. Here is a little portion of scripture in the New Testament that should thrill your soul. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. 

Why? Because in this the LORD has allowed us to see what is not seen, the things that are seen are temporary. While the things that are not seen come BOLDLY REAL and alive by faith in HIS WORD! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment