Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Look at the Book #272

A Look at the Book #272


by Jesse Abel

The Devotional

What does Papa “J” Say?

There are three wisdoms in the world we know. The Wisdom of God, the wisdom of Satan and the wisdom of man. In Proverbs 8 the Wisdom of God speaks to her readers. Proverbs 8 is one of the most important chapters in the Bible.







Dr. David Jeremiah released a book recently called “Captured by Grace”. As I have said many times. I love words. When a person puts words together to form a sentence, a thought or a purpose, there is a responsibility on the hearer to interpret what is said or written. To just read or hear the words and move on is a slap in the face to the writer and a terrible injustice to self. Now, I am not talking about all literature and I do not encourage anyone to read or listen to anything that is debase. When books come to me to read I may never open the first page, this is because I study the title. The title must challenge me to open the book. I seldom read a book because someone has encouraged me to do so. The words; “Captured by Grace” is packed with thoughts of – How does God capture us by grace? How does the grace of God work? Why is it so important for people to know the grace of God? What is Grace? I have more questions, but I am running out of space! We will be spending a lot of days looking at the grace of God, after all – it is the grace gift of God that we still live in the land of the Free. And we need brave men and women who are captured by the Grace of God! Matthew 4:18-22 is all about being captured by grace of God.

The Gospel of John
John 16:16-24 There is no greater blessing in life than to read the words of Jesus Christ. People who do not know Jesus express bitterness, the countenance of their very being reveals a fallen nature that is made in the image and likeness of the first Adam. Genesis 5:1-4. To read the words of Jesus is like living in His presence, put His words down and the pressures of human life rush back into the mind. Leave His words for a season of time and you will weep and mourn because you will see the world rejoicing over His death.

In the presence of Christ is where every believer should be. Why do we spend seasons of time in sorrow? We do not have to wait for the return of Jesus Christ. Do you remember that when we looked at John 15:11 that the words of Jesus encouraged us to abide in the love of God and that in doing so that the joy of Jesus Christ would be in us to the full! We should be waiting for the return of Jesus, He is literally coming again, but the joy of the LORD is literally real for you and me today. Twenty four, seven!

How do I know this? Well, like you I have the choice each day to decide whether or not I am going to live in the joy of the LORD or in the fleeting happiness of the world around me. You see the joy of the LORD is a supernatural permanent condition of God the Holy Spirit. It is a grace gift of God to the believer in Jesus. Galatians 5:22. All anyone needs to do is ask for the fullness of joy as the words of Jesus reveals here in John 16:24. JESUS NEVER FAILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment