Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Look at the Book #412

A Look at the Book #412


by Jesse Abel



Daily Devotional – A Look at the Book #412

A Though for today by Papa “J”

A skeptic is one who believes nothing. Their mind is like a bag of dried weeds. All is taken in only to rot like plant life and be swept away by the wind. Psalm 1:4-6

MORE THOUGHTS

Most of us know the very moment of hearing bad news. We know where we were, what we were doing and we remember our immediate reaction. The assignation of someone important, the loss of life in a major accident or terror plot, you remember and it is as if you were there. If the incident is unrelated to you personally there is compassion. If the incident is personal, like the loss of a child, parent or loved one, it is full of grief and mourning. Well as humans we say that this is normal in the process of living life. Here is the point! Do not despair there is hope! “For God so loved the world…” yes, you know that verse by rote memory, but do you know the following verse at all, or the ones after verse 17? We should not stop here. What about the verses before. Take a serious moment and read John 3:9-21. God is not willing for anyone to perish. He remembers the selfish rebellion of Lucifer. And He remembers that we are but dust. God knows compassion and grief. Psalm 103:14. Don’t leave this planet like a bag of dried weeds. Let your soul live in the truth of Psalm 103:1-22. Bless the LORD O my soul! And if you have the time, take a look at Psalm 104 as it starts and ends as well with those very words also! Learn to praise the LORD, even in your sleep.

Lamentations 3

Lamentations 3:9 – Sometimes I feel as this man Jeremiah, that I a blocked or hedged in. I would like to talk of peace and prosperity. There is plenty of peace and prosperity in the Word of the Living God, (The Holy Bible) but it seems as if there is a heavy weight that causes my path in life to stagger like a drunken person. I know that path too well! My jaw speaks of the pain in my eyes as I see the conditions of the counterfeit systems around me. I do weep, but no one hears, even those close to me.

Lamentations 3:10 – God can be like the bear, when I am distracted by the flesh, He reaches out with spiritual discipline and my soul cries out in pain. Surely I did not think too clearly LORD. Help me to avoid these dead end streets of the flesh. O how thankful I am for those ambushes from Him as I know that I cannot get away with anything. How good it is to be disciplined by the Hand of my God, my Friend and my Companion in all that I do.

Lamentations 3:11 – As Solomon would agree with Jeremiah here in this verse, there is a time to be torn apart and put back together again Ecclesiastes 3:3. This He will do in our personal walk and our national walk with Him. Personally I am torn to pieces. I suppose this condition is necessary in order that I might get a glimpse of our national condition. Yet my hope remains in the LORD for God will heal this backsliding nation according to His plan. Isaiah 57:14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment