Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Look at the Book #415

A Look at the Book #415


by Jesse Abel



Daily Devotional – A Look at the Book #415

A Though for today by Papa “J”

I think my desk top is very much like me! Old and sluggish… but with a little priming it still has a good sense of humor!

MORE THOUGHTS

I have been rifling through a few submarine pictures to find something I can take to chorus. This is the thirtieth anniversary of the local Chorus where Louise and I have singing parts; “you know papa sang bass and mama sang tenor”. Anyway the group is looking for pictures of our earlier days of life to put on display while we sing. Hey! Let me step away from my earlier days, but I do want to stay tuned to pictures. In our homes we have pictures of parents and grand parents, brothers and sisters and a host of other friends and loved ones. The memories when casting your eye upon these pictures engage our emotions. We can be laughing hysterically one second and bawling our eyes out in the very next. Did you know that our emotions need this cleansing exercise now and then? We should be very willing after a good emotional moment or two to give thanks to God for the way He has made us. Do not let your heart become bitter because of a prideful failure to express a tear or feel the joy of a pure moment of laughter. Proverbs 12:25 anxiety leads to bitterness and bitterness too a heart that falls down and goes “boom”! So please; take this good word and be glad.

John 11:17-27

This is one of my favorite passages of scripture. I like saying that I do not have favorites and that all of the Word of God should be favorite, and it is but if you look at the Word of the Living God as Spiritual food for a hungry soul you will see that many passages are like dessert, full of blessings. Multiple joys, but notice how this joy comes to life.

Lazarus a close friend of Jesus and His disciples has died and by the time Jesus comes to the area, Lazarus has been dead for four days. Mourning and comfort over the loss has filled the hearts of Mary and Martha, Lazarus sisters. Jesus speaks with Martha. (Lazarus will live again) Please take the time and read through to John 11:44, there is so much here and I will not be able to complete it all.

Here is the joy of the message. “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26

Don’t these words of Jesus just leap out and grab your emotions like a focusing picture of Truth? Oh my how my soul leaps in the joy of knowing and believing in Jesus and Oh how my heart cries in knowing that those that I love are lost. Repent for the time is short! Whether Jesus comes soon or whether He tarries for years to come. Time is short, eternity is long and both of these kingdoms are empty if you are without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment