Total Pageviews

Friday, March 30, 2012

The Devotional – A Look at the Book #680

The Devotional – A Look at the Book #680
Meditate on this!
A statute is a law enacted by a state body of legislators. These are not normally enacted to satisfy the operational mandates of another state but for and within the state wherein one dwells. God has statutes for His saints. If you are a believer in the Person of Jesus Christ, then you are a citizen of heaven; therefore allow your heart to rejoice as His statutes are right for YOU! Psalm 19:8a

Some years ago there was a woods and brush fire in our area of over fifty acres. It was a hot day to begin with and now I found myself walking through areas of the fire with a water pack and a fire rake. We were assigned to an area that was already burned, but there were hot spots and fire lines. We were told to cross the lines of fire and too rake the hot spots spreading the flame to weaken the flames potential and then put the fire out with the least amount of water. Also, because of the heat we were allowed to relax the wear of our fire fighter bunker gear. I was wearing my helmet, trousers and boots and a t-shirt. I had this feeling of euphoria come over me. I felt like superman (that was dumb) but I felt like; “here I am walking around on hot colds and not getting burned” then I began thinking… there are only three of us here in this burned our section of woods. There are no sounds of life other than… “rake, rake, squirt, squirt” coming from the three of us. No birds singing, no little animals running too or fro, it was a bit erring and then I felt like running. I planted my feet and stayed, I also wondered what the others were thinking. Then one of them said; “look bear tracks!” Well, we had nothing to be concern about, the bear was no where near, most likely he or she moved to the next county. Then I remember the LORD and a passage in Isaiah 35. Verses 3-4 take a moment and read and know that whatever is troubling you today, as a citizen of Heaven, His statutes will rejoice your heart.

Psalm 27
Verses 1-3 – One thing I know is that there is not a day that goes by that fear can creep in and destroy the moment. We seek to be delivered from fear, but we often forget that it is God who comes to our rescue. Both the believer in Jesus and the unbeliever are rescued by God and in many cases He does so while we remain ignorant that He was the one saving us from harm. Getting hold of this truth this truth as King David did will increase our faith in God.

Verses 4-6 – as faith increases so does our desire to be with Him; first while alive we seek out a strong church family and with that family we enjoy the beauty or delightfulness of our LORD. A pavilion of safety is needed by all of us who trust in God our savior. In a secret place, yes but in this place of hiding we are seated with Him… high above our enemies and the enemies of God. Do you find yourself singing praises to the LORD? I hope you do! God is worthy of our praise.

Verses 7-9 – ever notice that when we declare our faith toward God and in God we find an increase in our conversation to Him. We ask Him to hear our prayers and He does, we seek His mercy and He answers us boldly by saying… “Seek My Face” then see what your hungry heart will do! “Your face Oh LORD, I will seek. The fervent prayer of a righteous person will reveal the grace of God in the heat of our daily battles, are you not totally at awe and is not your soul rejoicing in this? Mine is! James 5:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment