Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Devotional - A Look at the Book #672

by Jesse Abel


Meditate on this!
Eternity is not a nothing after death experience as some foolish thinkers would want you to believe. He who formed your Soul also formed Eternity and both are secure forever. Being alive simply means you are in “time” and absent from Eternity; Psalm 39:5-6; Ecclesiastes 3:11 and James 4:13-17.

Remember those five and dime stores of the past. Well if you are older than fifty-five you will remember. For all the rest, please go have a talk with gramps or grammie. I heard a story recently of a young boy of ten years who saddled up on one of those stools that spun like a top while you waited for your order to be filled, or while you waited for the soda person to wait on you. Yes, I know I am being nice; we used to call them “sodajerks” what at name! Of course, the stool did not spin under its own power; we always helped it with our feet and all the time scuffing up the counter space. Well back to the boy of ten. He asked how much for a chocolate sundae. “Fifty cents” was the reply from the lady behind the counter. After counting his money the young man replied, “How much for a dish of plain vanilla.” A bit impatient the counter person said; “thirty five cents”. After another count of his money the young man said; “I’ll have the dish of vanilla, please”. The clerk in sort of a huff because customers were backing up now, told the young man to be patient and she would bring him his dish of ice cream. Ten minutes went by, then fifteen and finally she brought the dish of vanilla to the young man. He thanked her and he enjoyed his few moments of bliss and the ice cream. After leaving the store the lady behind the counter went to remove the empty dish and napkin. Under the napkin was a fifteen cent tip. You see the boy could afford the sundae, but he could not afford the thought of not leaving a tip. The ones who share are the ones who have a joyful heart, the one who is selfish has a grudging heart like that of the clerk. 2 Corinthians 8:1-7

Lamentations
Lamentations 1:6 – I am not sure of what people think of me and I reckon that is a good thing since I really do not care to know. But here is a little peek into my heart of hearts. Certainly I do not like this invasion of my privacy, but what I will say will not be a surprise to some of you because I know that you are right there with me. It is very difficult for me to watch the news or television. The news is full of suffering and death and most of the programs are full of immorality on every measurement of the scale.

Inside my heart I cry with hard rolling of emotion over the circumstance of life I see on the faces of people in the news. I do not know them, but their face tells the story of heartache, suffering and hopelessness. Also, in my heart there is another rolling of emotion. Anger as people portray them self as doing good and all the while the character they act out is an idolater, a sorcerer, is contentious, is jealous or a drunk; some are adulterers or drug dependent. All done in the name of; what I call “hyper-self righteousness” or extreme deception. Yes my heart aches because I know that Lamentations 1:6 is true for the USA today.

Our daughters have loss their godly splendor and have traded it for the lust of the eyes, not their eyes but the eyes of licentious creatures (male and female) vampires that steal away their innocent blood with seducing ways. Our sons rather than being a stag have traded away their manliness for the cowardly actions of a doe that has no strength to defend itself against the destroyer. This is a serious matter folks, in addition to our failure over national matters, the future of most of our young people is being programmed to accept every kind of immorality as normal. Lamentations 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment