Total Pageviews

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Devotional - A Look at the Book #725

by Jesse Abel
We have been singing in a secular chorus for a few years now and I want to take this devotional back to the year 2010. As we were handed out our sheet music for the summer concert I noticed a song that caused me some very serious concern. I was willing to quit the chorus rather than sing the song. I argued with myself and with the LORD over the song for the months leading up to the concert dates. Finally I gained peace to sing the song, but it was not until I studied the content and purpose of the artist who wrote the song. So as you read the two June 2010 devotional, think about where we are today and where this nation is headed with the issues of moral decay in this country.

The Devotional – A look at the Book #233

“To late my time has come, Sends shivers down my spine, Body’s achin all the time... Goodbye everybody I’ve got to go… Gotta leave you all behind and face the TRUTH…” The song performed by Queen, written by Freddie Mercury carries a strong message to the world that these individuals lived and died in a world of “drugs and immorality. In the song Freddie states that he sees a little silhouette of man who is overcome by the devil’s schemes called “Beelzebub”

If you allow yourself to think about Freddie’s knowledge of sin, Satan and death, then you’ll understand his message and cries to his “mama” you may just see that Freddie knew he was suppressing the TRUTH. So Romans 1:18-32 really comes in loud and clear here. And as the disease of HIV takes over his body and destroys his life, he is faced with the reality of having to face the TRUTH on God’s terms and not the devil’s or Freddie’s.

I first rejected the opportunity to sing that song. The more we rehearsed, the more I thought, and the more pain I found in my heart. My heart was crying. Crying for the Freddie’s of the world that are walking down the same path. I want you to notice something here; I want you to see how close we all are to the destruction of all flesh by being disobedient to the Righteousness and Justice of God.

It all starts with being disobedient to our parents. Romans 1:30, as you may recall, the parent of Adam and Eve was God the Creator! This is serious, so serious; yet many today will laugh and scoff at God and having no excuse for their disobedience when they face the TRUTH… What will you do when it is your turn to feel the shivers of death gripping hold of your spine?

The Devotional – A Look at the Book #234

Yesterday I wrote about a song; purposely leaving the title of the song out of what I had to say because I was motivated to say more about it today. The title: “Bohemian Rhapsody” I felt sure you knew the title anyway; but here is the RUB. Most of us would just accept the title and move on, but the title sends the same message as the song. In other words Freddie Mercury did his homework; he knew what his final message to the world was all about. He lived to it and died to it… personal accountable volition!

The problem was that it was too late for him, and he knew it. I believe that this song was his attempt to warn others. However, that did not happen either. Most people and the theater misunderstood and made a mockery out of the song. The song carries the message of killing a man (this part is left out of many of the versions that are around). What he is saying in the whole song is that he is responsible for killing himself.

The word Bohemian has the following meaning in the Webster Dictionary: A vagabond or wanderer. Like; a writer or artist living an unconventional lifestyle. The word Rhapsody the most significant meaning for the song is; a highly emotional utterance or literary composition. The song is emotional and truly a work of literary art. What is so vividly sad is that all of that talent in his early years was bent on gratifying his lust, the lust of his eyes and the pride of his life. 1 John 2:15-17. Wasted life and wasted talent! an alternate title, perhaps? Your option! You have the volitional freewill to take this to heart or reject it. The world is passing away a process that Freddie already knows as: TRUTH! Hebrews 4:12-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment