Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Devotional - A Look at the Book #736

by Jesse Abel
Psalm 119:164 – How faithful we are to take our medications at the times prescribed. So why is it that we tend to be so unfaithful with prayer? Could it be that we are a drug influenced society, rather than being a Spirit filled special people. 1 Peter 2:9

Good Morning
Just sharing a moment of the past and my inner heart: I remember being at Disney in Florida with my daughter Stephanie a few months before she went home to be with the LORD. She passed away from leukemia at the age of five. She was riding in one of those bumper cars with her brother and she wanted to drive it by herself.

Being too weak to steer and effectively break she finally allowed Patrick to go with her. As I watched them pass by I noticed her blond hair that had been thinned out due to chemotherapy and a little bald spot on the back of her head. She looked like the little old lady from Pasadena dashing down the road singing the following song. She did not know him; but she loved that song by “Little Jimmy Dickens;

 May the bird of paradise fly up your nose; the chorus:
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"
"May an elephant caress you with his toes"
"May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose"
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"

She sped through life, but she managed to bless the hearts of many on the way. Her birthday is coming up on July 28 and she would be 34 years of age. In her short time she learned much about life and just before she died she said to me. “Why does everything I love have to die?” How do you say to a five year old that everything dies because of sin? You don't! But you do point them to Jesus. Not for her, but for me: Genesis 3:17-19 rings loud and clear in my heart.

A dear friend who’s name is Betty was used of the LORD to share Jesus with Patrick and Stephanie, today Betty is very ill and may soon be with Stephanie and a few of Betty’s loved ones and husband. When the time comes you have no choice; you must give them back to Jesus. I guess that Betty brings a number of memories to the surface for me this day and is the reason of my thoughts today of Stephanie. God’s grace is sufficient. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Shortly before she went to be with the LORD in February 1983, the door to her room was closed and I heard her talking. I knocked on the door and opened it expecting to see her and the person she was talking to. I found only her and said, “Who are you talking to; I said” Her reply in very matter of fact way was; “I'm talking to Jesus!” Physically she dies, but she is alive forevermore with Jesus. I know this, because Jesus, by like-minded faith has given me peace and comfort over her and He is taking much better care of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment