Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A Daily Devotional – Meditate on the Word



A Daily Devotional – Meditate on the Word

Comment: As you know I have cut back on the time spent in providing a devotional look at the Living Word of God. I enjoy to meditate and search in and over the scriptures, in every case the times spent is ‘most precious’. Sometimes I spend too much time and the day does not stop and wait for me. Therefore, it is my hope and intention to provide a shorter devotional, something to challenge all of us (when time permits) for deeper personal study. All of us are capable to do what I do each morning and that is this. “Pray for God the Holy Spirit to guide you to meditate on His Word” He never fails. So look forward to a daily, but shorter challenge, thank you.

Devotional: In John 4 the disciples posed this challenge to Jesus while the Samaritan woman left her water pot and went back into the city to tell the people of the ONE who said to her, “I who speak to you, am He”. The challenge “Rabbi, eat!” The reply of Jesus, “I have food to eat of which you do not know.” The context of this discourse between Jesus and his disciples begins in verse 1 of chapter four and continues to verse 43 when Jesus departed Samaria.

Read and meditate on the context and let God the Holy Spirit fill you with a morning Spiritual breakfast that satisfies your SOUL. It is far better to take the 20 to 30 minutes of meditation and prayer over SCRIPTURE than reading the words of something I have prepared for my personal daily devotion. 

FAITH, your faith in God is PERSONAL; God personally desires a PERSONAL; ONE on one meditation with you. There are many passages in God’s Word where He challenges us to talk with HIM, one such passage is found in Jeremiah 33, in verse 3. Jeremiah is called by God to speak to Him, “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty THINGS, which you do not know.” Call on the LORD in meditation, read His WORD and your soul will be filled with joy as God reveals to you spiritual things which you do not know!

No comments:

Post a Comment