Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

A Look at the Book #428

A Look at the Book #428


by Jesse Abel



Daily Devotional – A Look at the Book #428

A Though for today by Papa “J”

The LORD blesses His own as a father blesses his family, but there is a difference to be aware of. The blessings of the LORD come without sorrow of heart. Think about it! Proverbs 10:22; just ask Him Matthew 7:7-12.

MORE THOUGHTS

The Executive Officer who is the second in command was walking toward me with a large book in his hand. Submarine sailors call this book the “sore arm” because it is so big and heavy. “Naw!” The acronym for the Ship’s Operational and Readiness Manual is (SOARM). As he came near he stopped me and said; “Chief I want you to give training out of the (SOARM) this evening to your duty section.” “Okay” I responded, “what would you like for me to train the section on?” “You pick it” he said; “since there are plenty of subjects to choose from.” Later when I had a few minutes to look the book over, I notice a regulation about Sunday Religious Services. “Wow” I thought, this will be just what we all need to hear, so I prepared about a half hours worth of material for the evening training. With my duty section in front of me and with the Executive Officer and a few of his officers and chiefs behind me, I began the training session. Normally the duty section sleeps during these sessions. What ever reason that comes to your mind for sleeping through training will work. Not so on this night, every eye was on me, or on the officers and chiefs behind me. Every ear heard what I had to say and if I had turned around to see the Executive Officer’s face I would have seen the venomous anger accumulating. At the end of the training, he tapped me boldly on the shoulder and said, “come to the wardroom, I have a few words for you.” Hold that thought till Monday please and think the about CRITICAL anger in the heart of man toward his Creator the LORD Jesus Christ. John 1:1-5 the word, Word here in these passages is reference to the person of Jesus Christ.

The Epistle of James

James 1:9 – In the boiling pot the water temperature can vary, at the bottom of the pot the temp is 212 degrees and as the water stirs from the boil the surface water cools a bit and so in comparison, some people boil with degrees of integrity and popularity, yet in God’s economy these are at the bottom of the pot. Others express the coolness found in drinkable coffee, at the top of the pot. Both of these conditions have their praise worthy attributes and James is exhorting both degrees of life to look at the positive attributes rather than the negatives, as we will see, both are equal in the eyes of the LORD.

James 1:10 – This humiliation of the exalted poor over the rich is simply to place all of mankind in the same playing field. Ever play in a field of spring and summer flowers? Surely you have! Spring flowers produce the same glorious beauty in those cool months as the summer ones do in the hotter months. What is most interesting is that the spring flower, just as the summer flower knows it’s proper season of time and both pass away, on time!

James 1:11 – I cannot say this enough! “I love the Word of God” The heat of life brings some of us to a boil, but it matters not where you and I are in the heat of living life. What matters is that we know there will be an end to this life. The rich or the poor cannot extend their life to pursue riches or poverty, both will fade away just as the spring and summer flower. What really matters is obedience to the Living Word of God, who is none other than the LORD Jesus Christ. John 6:27-29.

No comments:

Post a Comment