Total Pageviews

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Look at the Book #403

Daily Devotional – A Look at the Book #403


A Though for today by Papa “J”

I could say this everyday and never be tired of hearing the words in my soul. I love the Word of God! I hope you do too! 1 Timothy 1:5

MORE THOUGHTS

There are many experiences of life on a submarine. One of my most remembered moments was the day I was allowed to wear those silver dolphins. The Qualifications Officer signed off on the papers that permitted me to be “Submarine Qualified”, then the Captain of the ship, pinned the dolphins on the left side of my chest. I felt pride flood my face and I fought back tears. Then without warning the Captain made a fist and slammed it into the dolphins and said, “Congratulations Petty Officer Abel, now you have something to cry about” Ha, ha! And so the day began with a number of the crew pounding on the dolphins. There are two pins that go through the material of your shirt and are secured to the shirt by small round tabs and a bit of the pins stick through the tabs. After a full day of pounding, a person’s chest can be exceedingly scraped, punctured and bruised. Let me go on to say it is worth it, sort of joyful too, to look beyond that day and know that you are qualified. So to all you shipmates who read this and to those who do not I say. “Well Done Men” Men who sail the oceans in secret, men who are the qualified Submarine Service Sailors. God Bless You!

Lamentations 2

Lamentations 2:10 – The thought of losing ones virginity is directed at the daughters of fathers, the daughter is the pride of the father, is she not? When a nation turns it back on God the elders of that land have laid aside the basic foundations of four conditions of the heart. God consciousness, marriage, family and country. We covered this a few months back and labeled these conditions as the four Divine Institutions, I hope you remember. With these implanted conditions of the heart damaged the virgin daughter has little hope of staying pure.

Lamentations 2:11 – I do not know what goes on in your heart, but abortion makes me cry. My heart aches with emotion when I hear of the testimonies of people; men and women who have experienced abortion in their personal life. It is overwhelming, I do not see how one could pastor a church and not be affected by the pain and suffering of today’s lost virginity and loss of life. Unless we pray and repent today, there will be no tomorrow. Why? Because, the laws of the land permit our children to play the harlot, even to the point of killing our infants.

Just two verses today. I am running a bit behind schedule. I actually thought today was Saturday! Well that is what happens when you retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment