Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Look at the Book #404

Daily Devotional – A Look at the Book #404


A Though for today by Papa “J”

The blame! The blame! No, not the plane, this is no island resort, simply a DOMAtory of SIN, or is that dormitory! By slumbering complacency – we the people are to blame!

MORE THOUGHTS

How I ever spent most of my life in the Navy can only be described as an act of God. I cannot swim very well, in boot camp I literally had to be kicked off the platform to get into the water and I almost drowned trying to swim. Yet by the grace of God I spent a good deal of my Navy career under the water on submarines. To my narrow minded view of some things in life, this is an experience that still causes my head to spin when thinking about it. But this I know; if you let God into your life personally through faith in Jesus Christ, God will put you into places that you feel should belong to someone more qualified then you. This I have learned. None of us are qualified to fill the position of Christ likeness. We have to be molded and shaped in Him. When we allow God to shape us, each of us will have the characteristics of a Master’s Hand to do what He has called us to do. A masterpiece of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control, (Galatians 5:22-23) but we also have the responsibility stay pure. 2 Timothy 2:1-26. The impurities of our nature can disqualify the work of our hands.

Lamentations 2

The historical content of this book written by Jeremiah is true. Everything that he writes about was happening at that time to Jerusalem. It was happening because God’s judgment was being poured out and the beauty of Israel was fading. Let me spell it out for you “Jer-USA-lem”. It is the way I read my Holy Bible. What happens in the history of God’s chosen nation, also has the potential of happening in our land, in fact it happening the beauty of Washington D.C. is fading and we would be naïve to think otherwise.

Lamentations 2:12 – Have you gone to a rescue mission lately or one of those “soup kitchens” in the city? Less that three years ago if you would have gone, you would not be surprised to see a few homeless people having a meal and a place to rest. Today, there are many, even women and children. At the mission where I go, in just one year of time the people coming in has so increased that two other places are required to handle the numbers. Many Men, women and children are homeless today.

Lamentations 2:13 – “From sea to shining sea” there is little to comfort for the souls of people in need. Our laws are not capable of protecting those who are yet born,so how can we expect that our laws will protect those who are? I see what Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 6:7 man labors for his mouth, yet his soul is never satisfied. Okay I understand that but I also know that if a man does not come to know God in his soul, even his labor will not fill his mouth. His profit under the sun will be given away to the tax collector to pay an unreasonable debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment