Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Daily Devotional – Personal Faith – Personal Meditation (27)



A Daily Devotional – Personal Faith – Personal Meditation

Comment: On my desk is a variety of reading materials; The Holy Bible, a commentary on Romans and three magazines (1) Proceedings, published by the U.S. Naval institute, (2) Israel My Glory, published by; Israel My Glory, and (3) Golf, published by; Golf.com: Well that’s nice you might be thinking, but of these magazines, I have read only one article, that being from the most recent publication of the U.S. Naval Institute and have scanned most of the articles in Israel My Glory. Of the Holy Bible I read and meditate daily, and of the Commentary on Romans, only when I seek a little added insight in one of the chapters in Romans that we study on Saturday mornings at the church. 

Devotional: So, I would consider myself as one who is not an avid reader of any material other than the Holy Bible. The U.S. Naval Institute magazine is mostly written by intelligent warriors, sometimes an article will catch my interest so I read. I like the magazine Israel My Glory, but I mostly scan various articles simply to keep up with Israel’s current events, and lastly the Golf magazine is useless and gathers dust. So why am I telling you all of this? Really; I am not sure I know!

However, let me return to my favorite book and see what God currently says! His Word is Truth. We are in John chapter ten, one of my favorites. There are many people who believe that salvation by the grace of God can be lost! Normally these folks believe in a non-biblical system of “works” to gain God’s favor. If all goes well as they work towards God’s favor they feel well about themselves and feel saved. However, when they mess up, they feel that God’s favor will be taken away and loss of salvation is pending jusdgment, even is some cases permanent.

This mindset is not found in the Holy Bible, but some would argue that Esau pleaded with God in tears when he lost his inheritance; see Genesis 27:30-40. This is an error of thought as there is not one mention of God in this passage. Esau pleaded with his father and Isaac answered, “Indeed have made him (Jacob) your master, and all his brethren I have given him as servants; with grain and wine I have sustained (supported) him. What shall I now do for you my son? Note: Isaac did not disown Esau, nor does God who is greater, disown His children.

God the Father is the Gatekeeper over all His creation. This is serious, so listen up! The children of God know the Voice of their Savior and they follow Him, the one who does not hear the Voice of the Christ/Messiah does not get out of the gate, but is kept by the gatekeeper for JUDGEMENT. Revelation 20:11-15 as there was found no place for them. Here many books were opened and also the Book of Life, the people who had no place to go, were judged by their “works” and their name in the Book of Life was “missing”.

Those who know the Voice of Jesus, “it is FINISHED” know to follow Him because their SINS are forgiven. Those who seek to glorify themselves before God with their “works” are judged according to those works, none of which glorify God, these are cast into the lake of fire, Revelation 20:15-16. If you are IN CHRIST who is the Way you are given to Him by the gatekeeper; who is God the Father. God is glorified ONLY by the “work” of His Son, and these are, children who cannot be lost to the Second Death as Jesus says; “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s Hand, I am My Father are One, John 10:25-30.

No comments:

Post a Comment