Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

ADaily Devotional – Personal Faith – Personal Meditation (30a)



A Daily Devotional – Personal Faith – Personal Meditation

Comment: Yesterday, what I thought to do, did not turn out as I had hoped it would, it was confusing and after re-reading it yesterday and this morning I have decided to clarify some of my comments. At times when I have so many thoughts running, these seem to collide and nothing is gained. I even feel that I have grieved the Holy Spirit. I apologize for any confusion that I may have caused. The Gospel of our Great God and Savior is not at all confusing, it is simple; simple enough so that even a child of five or six can understand and be saved from the ‘death penalty’ of sin. 

Devotional: Jesus said to Martha in John 11:23; “your brother shall rise again” Once again; our LORD speaks of Spiritual and Eternal things before confronting the issue of Lazarus. First, and more importantly He is seeking to speak to Martha concerning her spiritual need and that is understanding that He is the Christ, “I AM the resurrection and the Life, He who believes in Me, though he may die, he SHALL live.” And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die, (and to Martha, He says) “Do you believe this?”

Martha’s immediate reply is; “Yes LORD, I believe that You are The Christ, the Son of God who has come into the world.” Let me ask you, if this personal response of Martha is sufficient for the Christ/Messiah, is it any less sufficient for you or me? No, it is the all sufficient grace of God; Jesus Christ is not only the Savior from the death penalty of sin, He is also the provider of Eternal Life through His grace by personal faith – Ephesians 2:10.

Jesus provides two important truths in His statement to Martha, these are for us to believe and trust too; First, “I AM the resurrection” if you and I seek a future relationship with God we must know and believe that Jesus is the “Resurrection!” Second, He says, “I AM the life”. These words of Jesus are similar to the words He spoke to His disciples in John 14:6 – “I AM the way (Resurrection), the Truth (Gospel) and the life (John 11:25 believes shall live). Also, these words are similar to the words spoken by His Apostles; in closing see, Acts 4:12 and 1 Timothy 2:3-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment