Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Daily Devotional – Meditation and Contemplation (1)



A Daily Devotional – Meditation and Contemplation (1)

Comment: What do we think about daily? When I was working I remember an elderly lady who would come to the lobby of the senior housing where she lived around 9am. She would sit there patiently until the mail person showed up around noon. For several weeks I sought to encourage her to do other things during that three-hour span of simply waiting for the mail. Her mind was set; she would not budge; her reason; "she did not want to miss getting her daily mail."

Devotional: As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my foul for You O GOD. My soul thirsts for the LIVING GOD. When shall I come and appear (literally – see the face of God) before GOD? My tears have been my food day and night, while they continually say to me. “Where is your GOD?” When I remember (contemplate) these things, I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of GOD, with a voice of joy and praise. With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast – Psalm 42:1-4.

What? What again? What are we doing in our congregations (multitude) throughout this nation of ours. Do any of us worship GOD with our SOUL anymore? I am broken-hearted over this thought, people are not going to the house of the LORD to hear from the Spirit of the LORD, they are going to be entertained with music and singing that does little to glorify God, or reveal His Spirit. In some churches the music celebration lasts for hours and the pastor who preaches or (maybe) teaches gets about fifteen minutes.

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted (made uneasy) within me? Hope in GOD, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance (favor) – Psalm 42:5.

Churches; not all, but many spend their time contemplating and meditating on foolishness; as a result, the souls of those who are led astray by this are cast down (grieved) and our nation suffers the consequences of idolatry and immorality. National sin does not start with the wicked, it is already at work in them. It is the responsibility of the church of God today to subdue evil. Yet, we do not have enough Spiritual clout to blow out the candle of darkness ‘within’!

Ecclesiastes 19:18 Because of laziness the building decays, And through idleness of hands the house leaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment