Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2016

A Daily Devotional – Psalms – Praise and Worship (4)



A Daily Devotional – Psalms – Praise and Worship (4)

Comment: One of many things that I noticed when Jesus rescued me from the domain of darkness (Acts 26:18) was a desire to sing. I can remember sitting in church listening to the men, women and children around me singing with joy and being at peace with the LORD. It did not take long for me who hardly thought to sing before being saved to find a singing voice. From those days until now singing has always provided comfort. In times when evil is around me a hymn will come to mind and my soul rejoices. Sometimes I wake up in the night my soul is singing a hymn and I am comforted. God guards the soul of His children as they faithfully abide in His Righteousness.

Devotional: Psalm 11 – Another Psalm of David reveals that he faced many details of life just like ours. He reveals that he makes conscious efforts to renew his trust (faith) in the LORD’s Righteousness. Far too many times when we fail to trust in God we bargain with our soul and say, “I can take care of this myself, I will just flee like the bird and hide! Why, just look around and notice the arrows of darkness that people shoot at me all day.” (see Psalm 64:3-4).

Because of our make-up as we are but dust our foundation in the flesh is weak and under pressure can be destroyed. But what? I say what can the righteous do? God is still on the Throne in heaven isn’t He? Yes! God is still on the Throne, His eyes see and with His eyes that see ALL, He tests His children. He refines the souls of sons and daughters and our soul rejoices.

And with those same eyes and eyelids He sees the wicked and will bring violence on them. The cup (their soul) will be filled with the terror of the LORD.

For God’s children; His Upright ones. Our soul will be filled with the “Fear of the LORD” We will observe (behold) His grace and mercy. He will deliver us to songs of rejoicing. Why? Because God is Righteous and He loves Righteousness as His banner over us is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment