Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A Daily Devotional – Psalms – Praise and Worship (2)



A Daily Devotional – Psalms – Praise and Worship (2)

Comment: The Psalms, if we seek to be aware of this, introduce us to our souls’ communication with God our Creator. Our flesh profits little, yes there is a bit of emotion and direction to our feet and path; but it is the nourished soul that thrives on communication with God, notice Psalm 32:7 – You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. SELAH! This Hebrew word is used some seventy times in the 150 recorded Psalms. Literally the word means, “a hanging twig or basket”, as a metaphor I like to think of the words before the word ‘Selah’ as a basket of fresh baked bread for the soul.

Devotional: Psalm 32:1-2 – Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man whom the LORD does not impute (charge with) iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

Woe is me if I do not take my relationship with God seriously!

Psalm 32:3-4 [hanging basket] – When I kept silent, my bones grew old, through my groaning all the day long. For DAY and NIGHT Your hand was heavy upon me. My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. SELAH!

Woe is me if I do not take my relationship with God seriously!

Psalm 32:5 [hanging basket] – I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,” and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. SELAH!

Woe is me if I do not take my relationship with God seriously!

Psalm 32:6-7 – For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You in a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him. You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. SELAH!

Our soul needs the nourishment of God’s Word daily, continue to read Psalm 32:9-11 for many sorrows await those who reject meditation and prayer with the LORD daily, but he who trusts (has faith) in the LORD will be surrounded by HIS mercy. Our countenance around those who do not will reveal to them your soul as one filled with joy and uprightness of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment